Soloist and chamber musician. Since 2001 lecturer for violoncello and chamber music. His students regularly are winners of competitions. Master classes in Austria, Switzerland, Great Britain and Australia. Chamber music partners such as L. Tomter, Takács Quartet, Wiener Streichersolisten, G. Schulz, P. Riegelbauer and K. Kobantschenko. 1997 founder of the Eggner Trio and since that time concert tours worldwide. Player as soloist with orchestras like Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra of South Bohemia, INSO-Lviv, Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, Tonkuenstler Orchestra. Numerous CD recordings and award winner. Grammy nomination in the category “Best small ensemble”. Studies at Bruckner University in Linz under W. Tachezi, at University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna under W. Herzer, at Mozarteum Salzburg under C. Hagen.
Classes are held by renowned artists and lecturers involving at least 3 hours per week per student. Participants have the choice between concert, solo and chamber music literature. Support for existing ensembles and experienced chamber musicians.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants studying and preparing for the music programme within the context of the course.
Registration / conditions
The courses are designed for music students, young students and talented young musicians. Our professors choose their students on basis of your information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education increases the chance for a place in the master class. Required age: 15 years.
- 11.8. - 18.8. - Violoncello: € 325.-
- 11.8. - 18.8. - Chamber Music: € 175.-
- 4.8. - 11.8. - Violoncello: € 325.-
- 4.8. - 11.8. - Chamber Music: € 175.-
- 4.8. - 18.8. - Violoncello: € 488.-
- 4.8. - 18.8. - Chamber Music: € 350.-
Register Now! (Violoncello)
Register Now! (Chamber Music)
- free entry to the concerts of summer academy
- reduced entrance to all other concerts (€ 5,-)
- Allegro Moldo, orchestra for children and youth
- Workshop „Mental training“
- Workshop „Body work & Presentation training“
- Orchestra Camerata
- Choir of Allegro Vivo
Travel and shuttle service
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. We offer a shuttle transfer from Vienna to Horn, and back to Vienna. Prize per trip: € 20,-
Participants, playing at concerts of summer academy will be brought to the concerts for free. We will organize a free shuttle transfer for listeners too, depending on the availability.
Chamber music classes are offered for pianists, string players, wind instrument players and mixed ensembles. Ensembles are partly put together before the beginning of the Summer Academy, and a piece of music is chosen which will be worked on in class. Ensembles may get chamber music training from several lecturers depending on need. Surcharge: € 45,-
Participants may perform in one of the 20 concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance of concerts (Concerts of the Summer Academy are free for participants, participants can obtain tickets for all other concerts of the festival for 5 Euros – as special offer).
Body work & Presentation training
From 5th to 12th of August Lilian Genn will hold a workshop for body work and presentation training for all participants. You can book individual training together with the course registration or at summer academy (depending on availability).
Participants of the youth classes and classes for children form Allegro Moldo, concert performance on Aug. 20th, 4 p.m., at Kunsthaus Horn, Arkadenhof.
Thomas Selditz will hold a workshop for mental coaching, specially developed for musicians from 19th to 26th of August.
Participants of the master courses form the Camerata chamber orchestra which will perform the concluding piece of the 2nd prize winners’ concerts at Monastery Altenburg (September, 2nd). The orchestra is an integral part of the course programme.
From 26th August – 3rd September Wolfgang Bankl will conduct the Allegro Vivo choir for students and lecturers.
Outstanding performances will be presented at the prize winner´s concerts (18th of August and 2nd of September)
At the prize winner´s concerts participants may receive the award of „Radio Niderösterreich“ and the „Krahuletz“ Award.
Accomodation (double room) can be booked within your registration (depending on course date)
The house offers 32 double rooms, 2 single rooms and 1 suite. In our restaurant you can order international cuisine and Austrian dishes as well. The inn is near the city of Horn, the railway station is within walking distance.
The Kunsthaus Horn, with its 16 functional double rooms, reflects peace and serenity. It´s easy to relax in this surrounding and to discover and develop creativity.
The „Bundesschülerheim“ is a boarding school for pupils during the year. The house has been renovated and has now 30 double rooms. Washrooms are on the corridor.
The complex of the "House of education in Mold" with a near-natural designed inner courtyard promises a nice stay. The complex offers many possibilities for different events. You will find eight seminar rooms for training and education with modern media selection, two rooms with EDV equipment and different atelies.
10% discount on all courses for participants between 15 – 18 years.
Prize reduction for the 2nd course: 25 % (different professors). With registration for a 2-weeks course with the same professor the reduction is 50 % for the 2nd course. The registration fee is charged only once. This regulation is valid for individual participants and families.
We sincerely thank the public authorities and private sponsors of Allegro Vivo, they enable us to run the courses.
For social hardship cases we offer scholarships (registration fee or 1/2 of the course fee). Applications for scholarships including a letter of recommendation must be received by us until the 30th of May 2017.
- Accommodation incl. breakfast at “Bundesschülerheim” Horn, Kunsthaus Horn, Gasthof zur Stadt Horn, “Bildungswerkstatt Mold”, separate external accommodation is possible
- Class venues: Kunsthaus Horn, Allegro Vivo Campus, Bildungswerkstatt Mold and Wirtschaftskammer Horn
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant
- Participants may practise in their rooms, an additional limited number of practice rooms will be offered.
- Passive course attendance is possible upon registration.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- We recommend to all participants to effect a personal travel and health insurance.
- In case of your cancellation by 29th July 50%, after 1st August 100% of the course fee will be charged.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
Terms of payment
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo - Festival Austria“,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
Sparkasse Horn, all prices incl. taxes