3830 Waidhofen an der Thaya
The county town of Waidhofen was founded in 1171 and classified as a town in 1230. Beneath the town there is a network of cellars used in the middle ages as an escape route. The town centre has a well preserved Medieval wall. The Baroque parish Church sits at the top of the town and is visible from afar.