Master Class Violoncello with Marko Ylönen
- Arrival: 20.08. until 20.00h
- Class Start: 21.08 at 9:15
- Class Location: Horn, Waldviertel
- Class Scope: Private lessons, overall 180 min, accompaniment, opportunity to perform
- Deadline: 15. Juni 2022
About Marko Ylönen
Marko Ylönen has performed in as many different roles as almost any other cellist from his generation: soloist, orchestral player and principal, string quartet member, freelance player in duos and trios, and teacher. Professor for chamber music at the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki since 2009.
Performances as a soloist and chamber musician in Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the U.S. He plays as soloist with all major Finnish orchestras and the Camerata Salzburg, the English Chamber Orchestra, the Prague Chamber Orchestra and the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra. As a chamber musician he has played with leading musicians in various ensembles at international music festivals. At the age of 15 he was one of the finalists in a national cello competition in Finland. 1990 he was an award winner in the Tchaikowsky Competition in Moscow. 1996 he won the first prize at the Concert Artist Guild Competition in New York. Marko Ylönen studies under C. Szilvay, E. Rautio, H. Rautasalo and H. Schiff.
Ylönen plays a David Tecchler Cello from 1707 owned by Suomen Kulttuurirahasto.
Classes are held by renowned artists and lecturers involving at least 3 hours (4x45 minutes) per week per student. Participants have the choice between concert, solo and chamber music literature. Support for existing ensembles and experienced chamber musicians.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants studying and preparing for the music programme within the context of the course.
Registration / Conditions
The master classes are designed for music students, young students and talented young musicians. Our professors choose their students on basis of your information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education increases the chance for a place in the master class. Required age: 15 years.
Registration Fee: € 100.-
- 20.08.-27.08. - Violoncello: € 350.-
Information about course fees, accomodation and terms of payment click here
Master Class Content
(depending on the course date)
- free entry to the concerts of summer academy if available
Travel and shuttle service
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. We offer a shuttle transfer from Vienna to Horn (departure always 15.00), and back to Vienna (departure always 10.00).
Price per trip: € 20,-
Participants may perform in one of the 20 concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance of concerts (Nomination by the lecturer in consultation with the course management)
Accomodation can be booked within your registration (depending on course date).
As there are no vacancies in private boardings in Horn and surroundings during the time of our summer academy, we firmly recommend booking the course and one of our offered accommodation at the same time.
The „Bundesschülerheim“ is a boarding school for pupils during the year. The house has been renovated and has now 30 double rooms. Washrooms are on the corridor.
Campus Horn has a wide choice of leisure attractions for families. At the outdoor area there is a playground and a sport area, the public swimmingpool is nearby. The centre of Horn offers various pubs, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Indoor there is a playroom for small children, table tennis, meeting rooms and much more leisure offers. The hotel has about 180 beds, many seminar rooms and a special event location, called "Weitblick" with a magnificant view of Horn and its surrounding.
Comfort awaits the guests at the "Gasthof Blie", which is now managed by the 6th generation of the family. The house offers 74 beds. The excellent cuisine offers international cuisine and Austrian specialties. The house is close to the city center, the train station is within walking distance.
10% discount on all courses for participants between 15 – 18 years.
Prize reduction for the 2nd course, booking two course weeks with the same professor: 15 % is reduced. The registration fee is charged only once. This regulation is valid for individual participants and families. Discount applicable only once.
We sincerely thank the public authorities and private sponsors of Allegro Vivo, they enable us to run the courses.
For social hardship cases we offer scholarships (registration fee or 1/2 of the course fee). Applications for scholarships including a letter of recommendation must be received by us until the 17th of May 2022.
- Accommodation incl. breakfast at Bundesschülerheim, Hotel Blie, Campus Horn, separate external accommodation is possible
- Class venues: Kunsthaus Horn
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant
- Participants may practise in their rooms, an additional limited number of practice rooms will be offered.
- Passive course attendance is not possible this year.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- We recommend for all participants to effect a personal travel and health insurance.
- In case of your cancellation by 1st of July the registration of € 100,-, until 1st of August 50% of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) and after that 100 % of the course fee (incl. registration). If the courses cannot take place due to an official cancellation, fees paid will be refunded according to the course confirmation.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
We closely monitor the CoViD situation and potential prevention measures to provide the best Summer Academy experience possible.
By signing up, you agree to any prevention measures active during the summer academy. In case of regulatory cancellation, course fees will be refunded
Terms of Payment
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo - Festival Austria“,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
Sparkasse Horn, all prices incl. taxes