Master Class Vocal with
- Arrival: 24.08. until 20.00h
- Class Start: 25.08 at 9:15
- Class Location: Horn, Waldviertel
- Class Scope: Private lessons, overall 180 min, accompaniment, opportunity to perform
- Deadline: May 15th, 2024
Lecturer at Bern University of the Arts and regular lecturer at the Allegro Vivo Summeracademy in Horn, a town near Vienna. The Swedish-born soprano Malin Hartelius celebrated her international breakthrough as blond at the Salzburg Festival under the direction of Marc Minkowski and as Adina at the Frankfurt Opera.
Malin Hartelius is one of the best Mozart singers of our time. Ensemble member at the Zurich Opera House from 1991 to 2012 with all Mozart roles and many other opera roles. Guest performances at the leading European opera houses and invitations to festivals such as Aix-en-Provence and Salzburg i.a. as Konstanze (Entführung aus dem Serail), als Rosina (La finta semplice) and Fiordiligi (Così fan tutte). Scenic production of all Da-Ponte operas in Cleveland under F. Welser-Möst. Questioned concert singer i.a. under Bolton, Chailly, Christie, Harnoncourt, Langrée and Welser-Möst together with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich, Cleveland orchestra and London Symphony Orchestra. From 1989 to 1991 ensemble member of the Vienna State Opera and the Opera Studio.
Studied with M. Bence in Vienna. In 2010 honored by the Swedish King in Stockholm with the award of the Order “Litteris et Artibus”.
Classes are held by renowned artists and lecturers involving at least 3 hours (4x45 minutes) per week per student. Participants have the choice between concert, solo and chamber music literature. Support for existing ensembles and experienced chamber musicians.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants studying and preparing for the music programme within the context of the course.
Registration / Conditions
The master classes are designed for music students, young students and talented young musicians. Our professors choose their students on basis of your information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education increases the chance for a place in the master class. Required age: 15 years.
Registration Fee: € 130.-
- 24.08.-31.08. - Vocal: € 370.-
Information about course fees, accomodation and terms of payment click here
Master Class Content
(depending on the course date)
- free entry to the concerts of summer academy if available
Travel and shuttle service
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. We offer a shuttle transfer from Vienna to Horn (departure always 15.00), and back to Vienna (departure always 10.00).
Price per trip: € 25,-
Participants may perform in one of the 20 concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance of concerts (Nomination by the lecturer in consultation with the course management)
Accommodation can be booked within your registration (depending on course date).
As there are no vacancies in private boardings in Horn and surroundings during the time of our summer academy, we firmly recommend booking the course and one of our offered accommodation at the same time.
The „Bundesschülerheim“ is a boarding school for pupils during the year. The house has been renovated and has now 30 double rooms. Washrooms are on the corridor.
Campus Horn has a wide choice of leisure attractions for families. At the outdoor area there is a playground and a sport area, the public swimmingpool is nearby. The centre of Horn offers various pubs, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Indoor there is a playroom for small children, table tennis, meeting rooms and much more leisure offers. The hotel has about 180 beds, many seminar rooms and a special event location, called "Weitblick" with a magnificant view of Horn and its surrounding.
Comfort awaits the guests at the "Gasthof Blie", which is now managed by the 6th generation of the family. The house offers 74 beds. The excellent cuisine offers international cuisine and Austrian specialties. The house is close to the city center, the train station is within walking distance.
We sincerely thank the public authorities and private sponsors of Allegro Vivo, they enable us to run the courses.
For social hardship cases we offer scholarships (registration fee or 1/2 of the course fee). Applications for scholarships including a letter of recommendation must be received by us until the 15th of April 2024.
- Accommodation incl. breakfast at Bundesschülerheim and Hotel Blie, only full board at Campus Horn, separate external accommodation is possible
- Class venues: Kunsthaus Horn
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant
- Participants may practise in their rooms, an additional limited number of practice rooms will be offered.
- Passive course attendance is possible on request by e-mail
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- In case of your cancellation by 15th of June the registration of € 130,-, until 15th of July 50% of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) and after that 100 % of the course fee (incl. registration). If the courses cannot take place due to an official cancellation, fees paid will be refunded according to the course confirmation.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
Terms of Payment
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo - Festival Austria“,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
Sparkasse Horn, all prices incl. taxes