Violin Class for Childen and parents with Gudrun Bergmann
- Arrival: 20.08. from 14:00 to 17:00
- Class Start: 20.08.at 19:00 welcome event
- Class Location: Campus Horn, Waldviertel
- Class Scope: Private lessons, accompaniment, opportunity to perform, orchestra, chamber music
- Deadline: June 1st, 2023
About Gudrun Bergmann
Since 2003 lecturer for violin, viola, children´s and youth orchestra, string class and early musical education at the music school Bisamberg-Leobendorf-Enzersfeld. Especially developed musical education for violin beginners at an early age. Outstanding successes of her pupils at competitions in Austria and abroad, such as first prizes at the Váša Příhoda Youth Violin Competition. Gudrun Bergmann is a lecturer at the courses for children and their parents, subjects violin and viola, at the Allegro Vivo Summer Academy in Horn, a city near Vienna.
Founder and director of the children´s orchestra “String Kids” and for well-advanced pupils the string ensemble “Stringmania”. Organisation and ensemble teaching at the orchestra camp of the music school. 2001 – 2003 leadership of a violin class at Vienna Conservatory of Music. During her studies cooperation at projects for children´s and youth orchestras.
Studies of music pedagogy violin at J. Haydn Conservatory. Viola at Vienna Conservatory and violin with Prof. Bijan Khadem-Missagh. Diploma with distinction. Master classes in Hungary and Austria. Founding member of „Bisamberger Schrammeln“.
The courses for children and their parents have been taking place in the newly designed Horn Campus since 2019. The classrooms and exercise rooms are bright and friendly rooms with comfortable and functional furnishings, there is also enough space for breaks and relaxation times as well as an extensive range of leisure activities.
The classes aimed to encourage children’s passion in music and foster their joy in making music. Daily rehearsals, practice and companionship have a positive impact on their ability to strengthen their qualities and musical development. The period of two weeks make sustainable pedagogical effects possible. Lectures share their expertise, but also their great love for music. Lessons, accompaniment and chamber music training will provide participants with new experiences. Parents escort their children and are part of the courses to encourage and support their children best possible at the courses as well as during the year.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants study and prepare for the music programme within the context of the course. The number of lessons goes by the children´s abilities and according to the professors.
We offer additional chamber music lessons (surcharge € 30,-). Children, who haven´t booked chamber music will attend – along with their parents - a rhythm workshop.
Orchestra for children and youth
Performing in the orchestra is an integral part of the course programme for strings and flute. Concert on Aug. 20th, 4 p.m., Kunsthaus Horn.
Participants can perform in one of the concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance at concerts (participants in the children’s courses enjoy free entry, accompanying persons pay € 5,–).
Campus Horn has a wide choice of leisure attractions for families. At the outdoor area there is a playground and a sport area, the public swimming lake is nearby. The centre of Horn offers various pubs, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Indoor there is a playroom for small children, table tennis, meeting rooms and much more leisure offers.
The classes are for the youth and children up to the age of 16. children accompanied by their parents (one of the parents).
The registration will only be processed after receiptof the registration fee. Confirmation will be sent after approvalby the lecturer. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended. If the acceptanceis refused by the professor, the fee will be refunded.
Registration will be availabel from 9th Januray, 2023.
Registration Fee: € 130,-
- 13.08.-26.08. - Violin: € 380.-
- 13.08.-20.08. - Violin: € 240.-
- 20.08.-26.08. - Violin: € 210.-
Information about course fees, accomodation and terms of payment click here
- Orchestra for children and youth
- chamber music
- joint activities
- free entry to concerts of Allegro Vivo festival
- reduced entrance for one parent (€ 5,- ticket)
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. On request we try to organize a shuttle form Vienna to Horn.
Campus Horn opened in 2018. The house (former Canisiusheim) has been renovated and modernised and has now 180 beds. There are double rooms, as well as special family rooms and mulit-bed rooms. The restaurant "KULINARIUM" offers buffet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, furthermore the hotel offers self service with snacks and drinks.
For families or additional classes the registration fee is charged only once.
- Accomodation and full board at Campus Horn. External accommodation is possible.
- The courses are geared to the youth and children up to the age of 16 (children accompanied by an adult).
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant (except for external participants).
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- In case of your cancellation by 30th of June the registration of € 130,-, until 1st of August 50% of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) and after that 100 % of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) will be charged. If the courses cannot take place due to an official cancellation, fees paid will be refunded according to the course confirmation.
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo – Festival Austria“, Sparkasse Horn,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
all prices incl. taxes