Classes are held by renowned artists and lecturers involving at least 3 hours per week per student. Participants have the choice between concert, solo and chamber music literature. Support for existing ensembles and experienced chamber musicians.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants studying and preparing for the music programme within the context of the course.
Registration / conditions
The courses are designed for music students, young students and talented young musicians. Our professors choose their students on basis of your information. Detailed description about the musical skills and education increases the chance for a place in the master class. Required age: 15 years.
- 24.8. - 1.9. - Violin: € 335.-
(depending on the course date)
- free entry to the concerts of summer academy
- reduced entrance to all other concerts (€ 5,-)
- Workshop "Composition"
- Workshop „Body work & Presentation training“
- Workshop „Mental training“
- Workshop "Free breath - clear sound"
- Orchestra for children and youth
- Orchestra Camerata
- Choir of Allegro Vivo
- Indiviudual coaching „Mental training“ (surcharge: € 90,-)
- Indiviudual coaching "Free breath - clear sound" (surcharge: € 40,-)
Travel and shuttle service
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. We offer a shuttle transfer from Vienna to Horn (departure always 3 pm), and back to Vienna (departure always 10 am).
Prize per trip: € 20,-
Participants, playing at concerts of summer academy will be brought to the concerts for free. We will organize a free shuttle transfer for listeners too, depending on the availability.
Chamber music classes are offered for pianists, string players, wind instrument players and mixed ensembles. Ensembles are partly put together before the beginning of the Summer Academy, and a piece of music chosen which will be worked on in class. Ensembles may get chamber music training from several lecturers depending on need. Surcharge: € 50,-
Participants may perform in one of the 20 concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance of concerts (Concerts of the Summer Academy are free for participants, participants can obtain tickets for most other concerts of the festival for 5 Euros – as special offer).
Tristan Schulze offers a workshop for composition from 3rd to 10th of August. Everyone is welcome!
Free breath – free sound
Gordana Crnkovic will hold a workshop for breath work from 10th to 17th of August. You can book individual training together with the course registration or at summer academy (depending on availability).
Body work & Presentation training
From 17th to 24th of August Lilian Genn will hold a workshop for body work and presentation training for all participants. You can book individual training together with the course registration or at summer academy (depending on availability).
Thomas Selditz will hold a workshop for mental coaching, specially developed for musicians from 17th to 24th of August.
Orchestra for children and youth
Participants of the youth classes and classes for children form an orchestra, concert performance on Aug. 18th, 4 p.m., at Kunsthaus Horn, Arkadenhof.
Participants of the master courses form the Camerata chamber orchestra which will perform the concluding piece of the 2nd prize winners’ concerts at Monastery Altenburg (August, 31st). The orchestra is an integral part of the course programme.
From 24th August – 1nd September Wolfgang Bankl will conduct the Allegro Vivo choir for students and lecturers.
Outstanding performances will be presented at the prize winner´s concerts (16th of August and 31st of August)
At the 1. prize winner´s concerts participants may receive the award of „Radio Niederösterreich“.
Accomodation (double room) can be booked within your registration (depending on course date)
The house offers 32 double rooms, 2 single rooms and 1 suite. In our restaurant you can order international cuisine and Austrian dishes as well. The inn is near the city of Horn, the railway station is within walking distance.
The Kunsthaus Horn, with its 16 functional double rooms, reflects peace and serenity. It´s easy to relax in this surrounding and to discover and develop creativity.
The „Bundesschülerheim“ is a boarding school for pupils during the year. The house has been renovated and has now 30 double rooms. Washrooms are on the corridor.
Campus Horn has a wide choice of leisure attractions for families. At the outdoor area there is a playground and a sport area, the public swimmingpool is nearby. The centre of Horn offers various pubs, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Indoor there is a playroom for small children, table tennis,meeting rooms and much more leisure offers. The hotel has about 180 beds, many seminar rooms and a special eventlocation, called "Weitblick" with a magnificant view of Horn and its surrounding.
10% discount on all courses for participants between 15 – 18 years.
Prize reduction for the 2nd course: 25 % (different professors). With registration for a 2-weeks course with the same professor the reduction is 30 % for the 2nd course. The registration fee is charged only once. This regulation is valid for individual participants and families. Discount applicable only once.
We sincerely thank the public authorities and private sponsors of Allegro Vivo, they enable us to run the courses.
For social hardship cases we offer scholarships (registration fee or 1/2 of the course fee). Applications for scholarships including a letter of recommendation must be received by us until the 30th of May 2019.
- Accommodation incl. breakfast at “Bundesschülerheim” Horn, Kunsthaus Horn, Gasthof zur Stadt Horn, Campus Horn, separate external accommodation is possible
- Class venues: Kunsthaus Horn, Allegro Vivo Campus, Campus Horn and Wirtschaftskammer Horn
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant
- Participants may practise in their rooms, an additional limited number of practice rooms will be offered.
- Passive course attendance is possible upon registration.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- We recommend for all participants to effect a personal travel and health insurance.
- In case of your cancellation by 29th July 50%, after 1st August 100% of the course fee will be charged.
- Participants (under 18 years) are subject to the rules of the Children and Youth Protection Act.
Terms of payment
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo - Festival Austria“,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
Sparkasse Horn, all prices incl. taxes