Violoncello Class for Childen and parents with Andrea Traxler
- Arrival: 14.08. from 14:00 to 17:00
- Class Start: 14.08.at 19:00 welcome event
- Class Location: Campus Horn, Waldviertel
- Class Scope: Private lessons, accompaniment, opportunity to perform, orchestra, chamber music
- Deadline: 15. Juni 2022
About Andrea Traxler
Andrea Traxler leads an intensive class for talented young cellists at the Johann Sebastian Bach Music School and is one of Vienna’smost renowned teachers of young cellists. In partnership with the Vienna University of Music and Performing Arts, the class provides special training for gifted students between 10-19 years of age who wish to become professional musicians.
She was then engaged by the Vienna State Opera and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, playing concerts throughout the world under the baton of conductors such as M. Jansons, C. Thielemann, P. Boulez, G. Dudamel and V. Gergiev. She now plays concerts with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and Symphony Orchestra of the Volksoper Wien. She is also a member of various chamber music ensembles and plays for several CD productions, radio and TV broadcasts.
Andrea Traxler studied at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and the Vienna University of Music and Performing Arts, before finishing her Masters in Performance with distinction with Professor H.C. Schweiker at the Music University in Cologne.
The courses for children and their parents have been taking place in the newly designed Horn Campus since 2019. The classrooms and exercise rooms are bright and friendly rooms with comfortable and functional furnishings, there is also enough space for breaks and relaxation times as well as an extensive range of leisure activities.
The classes aimed to encourage children’s passion in music and foster their joy in making music. Daily rehearsals, practice and companionship have a positive impact on their ability to strengthen their qualities and musical development. The period of two weeks make sustainable pedagogical effects possible. Lectures share their expertise, but also their great love for music. Lessons, accompaniment and chamber music training will provide participants with new experiences. Parents escort their children and are part of the courses to encourage and support their children best possible at the courses as well as during the year.
In addition to the classes, numerous accompanists will be available to help participants study and prepare for the music programme within the context of the course. The number of lessons goes by the children´s abilities and according to the professors.
We offer additional chamber music lessons (surcharge € 30,-). Children, who haven´t booked chamber music will attend – along with their parents - a rhythm workshop.
Orchestra for children and youth
Performing in the orchestra is an integral part of the course programme for strings and flute. Concert on Aug. 21st, 4 p.m., Kunsthaus Horn.
Participants can perform in one of the concerts of the Summer Academy. Joint attendance at concerts (participants in the children’s courses enjoy free entry, accompanying persons pay € 5,–).
Campus Horn has a wide choice of leisure attractions for families. At the outdoor area there is a playground and a sport area, the public swimming pool is nearby. The centre of Horn offers various pubs, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Indoor there is a playroom for small children, table tennis, meeting rooms and much more leisure offers.
The classes are for children up to the age of 15 accompanied by their parents (one of the parents). The lecturers decide on the basis of the information in the registration form. We recommend that you register as soon as possible. Registration will be availabel from 10th Januray, 2022.
Registration Fee: € 100,-
- 14.08.-27.08. - Violoncello: € 380.-
Information about course fees, accomodation and terms of payment click here
- Orchestra for children and youth
- chamber music
- joint activities
- free entry to concerts of Allegro Vivo festival
- reduced entrance for one parent (€ 5,- ticket)
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. On request we try to organize a shuttle form Vienna to Horn.
Campus Horn opened in 2018. The house (former Canisiusheim) has been renovated and modernised and has now 180 beds. There are double rooms, as well as special family rooms and mulit-bed rooms. The restaurant "KULINARIUM" offers buffet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, furthermore the hotel offers self service with snacks and drinks.
Reductions for families, the registration fee is charged only once. The 2nd course is reduced by 15%.
- Accomodation and full board at Campus Horn. External accommodation is possible.
- The courses are geared to children up to the age of 15 (accompanied by an adult).
- Pianos for practice will be available for at least 3 hours per day and participant (except for external participants).
- Confirmation of registration will be sent after approval by the lecturer and payment of the registration fee. Limited number of places available. Early registration is recommended.
- In case of your cancellation by 1st of July the registration of € 100,-, until 1st of August 50% of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) and after that 100 % of the course fee (incl. registration fee, course fee, additional offers) will be charged. If the courses cannot take place due to an official cancellation, fees paid will be refunded according to the course confirmation.
Without charges for the receiver by remittance to account
„Academia Allegro Vivo – Festival Austria“, Sparkasse Horn,
IBAN AT16 2022 1000 0000 4952 BIC SPHNAT21XXX
all prices incl. taxes