The church was founded by the Babenberger in the 11th/12th century. The foundation is in Romanesque style. Partly destroyed during the war of the Hussites in the 2nd half of the 15th century, it was rebuilt in Gothic style. The inside consists of three aisles with a new Gothic high altar (1906). The pulpit is in Baroque style from the 16th century.